[Wine] Re: autocad 2008 and wine

miciomax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 25 04:23:16 CDT 2008

epsilon_da wrote:
> ruelle: Maybe never. It is a hack.

Not exactly.... both patches needed are quite correct, so it is possible that they'll be shortly in wine.

> Can somebody with a sane English write an online petition for autocad in:
>
> http://www.petitiononline.com/create_petition.html
>
> Or maybe create a webpage like with nvidia opendriver request:
>
> http://www.opentheblob.com/nvidia/
>
> That would be a start for someday having a real AutoCAD version in linux.

There was a version in linux, MANY years ago, and they stopped it.... I'd wonder it they'd resurrect it.....

> - Use OpenGL instead of DX.

Again, they HAD Opengl and they dropped it in favour of Directx.... because M$ dropped OpenGL support in Vista (IIRC).
So, first stuff would be to ask M$ to resupport opengl.... which would be like asking a politician to give you money for free....

Max