[Wine] Wine & VFat

richardrosa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 26 06:18:04 CDT 2008

Greetings All,

  I recently installed SUSE 11 64 bit and Wine v1 and have run into a strange problem.
Most of the Windows applications that I try to run fail  DLL loading if the application
is installed on a FAT32 formatted disk. If I copy the application files to an EXT2 formatted
partition, Wine will run these applications without any problems. Prior to installing
SUSE 11, I was running SUSE 10.3, and these applications ran fine from the same FAT32
drives.

 Is this a known problem? Aside from moving the applications, is there something else
that can be done?

Here is the error message while trying to load Quicken:
  err:module:attach_process_dlls "QDB.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
  err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"E:\\CommonC\\quickenw  \\qw.exe" failed, status c0000005

Other applications give the same message with different DLLs failing to initialize.

  Thanx in advance.

  Rich