[Wine] Team Fortress 2 gaminfo.txt

Kingoftherings wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 27 22:14:44 CDT 2008

Hello, I'm trying to run Team Fortress 2 on Linux using Wine 1.0.
I tried starting the game from Steam, but it shows the loading TF2 window, then closes and never starts the game.

I know the game isn't supposed to run on Linux, but I have a question about gameinfo.txt.

I tried starting hl2.exe in:
 /.wine/drive_c/Program Files/steam/steamapps\*user*\team fortress 2
folder, but it said I didn't have a gaminfo.txt in the hl2 directory. (which is a folder in the above directory) So I made one, but I don't know what to put in it. My current errror is:
hl2/gameinfo.txt is not a valid format.

I tried finding the file on my Windows drive, but it wasn't there.

I am currently running Gentoo.

So all I'm asking for is what to put in the file. Thanks.