[Wine] Re: None of the audio drivers seem to work.

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 28 12:00:47 CDT 2008

Usurp wrote:

> vitamin wrote:
> >
> > sbd_ninja wrote:

> > > what exactly am i supposed to be looking for?
> > > how do i disable pulseaudio?
> >
> > Ask that on your distro channel. It's just another useless program that ... uses sound card. This problem has absolutely nothing to do with Wine.
>
> Pulseaudio becomes used by more and more distributions...
> we cannot just ignore that and just say "too bad".
> http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/AboutPulseAudio#Distributions

Why not? It's just another sound server that has all the problems of sound server:  they think they are the way of the future and every program have to use them and can't access the sound devices directly.

Same exact thing happened with ARTS. And where is it now? So the same exact thing applies to all sound servers - get rid of them as fast as you can. And don't bother using them - they don't work.