[Wine] HTML rendering disabled, Wine not in GNOME Menu

SlaughterDog wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 28 17:09:33 CDT 2008

I just installed Wine 1.1.0. I have tried previous versions in the past and got them to work. However, this time, when I try to launch iexplore, it doesn't install Gecko. The progress bar instantly fills up and I'm left with "HTML rendering is currently disabled". So I can't get Steam to work.

Also, I can't get my Wine in the GNOME menu. It doesn't even show up as a choice if I try to edit the menus.

I know I'm just some random person looking for help, but can anyone help? It would be much appreciated.