[Wine] Open a specific program when double clicking its file?

kengrome wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 30 02:16:00 CDT 2008

I have the FreeShip windows program running in PCLinuxOS under wine and its .fbm files always open properly when I double-click them.

I also have the KayakFoundry windows program running in PCLinuxOS under wine, yet this program's .yak files fail to open properly when I double click them.  Instead I get this error:

> KDEInit could not launch '/home/ken/files/computer/wine software/KayakFoundry/kfoundry.exe'

However, this is the correct path to the kfoundry.exe file, so it seems like it should open properly -- but it doesn't.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem and perhaps post a solution?  Neither of these programs comes with a Windows installer, if this makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.