[Wine] the specified Windows directory is not accessible

quick30 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 30 15:29:02 CDT 2008

I installed wine some days ago from the ubuntu repo's. Unfortunately it doesn't works for me yet. :(

I start the configuration with the following command:

Code:
user at machine:~$ winecfg
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.

Then the wine windows comes up and i can work.

When i go to the stations tab and i see:
c:    /media/cdrom0
d:    /media/cdrom0
z:    /

I think the c: setting is wrong. I try to chang it but then some other errors come up:

Code:
err:winecfg:load_drives GetVolumeInformation() for 'C:\' failed, setting serial to 0
err:winecfg:load_drives GetVolumeInformation() for 'D:\' failed, setting serial to 0
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\\profiles\\user\\Desktop".

What is wrong??

thanks for any reply. I can't seem to find a answer in the user manual or wiki.