[Wine] MS Excel Visual Basic

Juan Largo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 30 16:27:56 CDT 2008

Hello,

I'm running MS Office 2003 in Wine 1.1.0.  When I launch Excel, the following dialog box appears with a cryptic error message:

Code:

Microsoft Visual Basic
! Error accessing file.  Network connection may have been lost.

I don't know what Visual Basic has in common with a network connection, but when I attempt to utilize Tools > Macros > Visual Basic Editor, all of the Visual Basic menus are greyed out.  I also cannot connect to Microsoft Office Online.

I turned off the computer's firewall, but I still cannot connect to Microsoft Office Online.  I also tried reinstalling and repairing Microsoft Office, but that didn't work eitherr.  Does anyone know how to correct this error?

The same problem existed with Versions 0.9.X.

TIA