[Wine] WinDbg?

SuperGeek wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 1 10:19:27 CST 2008

Hello,

I have been struggling with WinDbg/Kd for the last week, but to no avail... So I finally decided to ask here.

Basically, I am using a Windows XP virtual machine (thanks to VMWare6) and wanted to do some kernel debugging using Windbg. So, I did configure everything from the virtual machine side (using this guide: http://silverstr.ufies.org/lotr0/windbg-vmware.html), and then tried my hands with wine and windbg. After installing it manually (the installer fails), I had troubles with the GUI version of Windbg (I understood from the internet that there is a redraw bug).

My last resort was to use wineconsole + kd. However, all my efforts turned to be vain.

Is there something to be done in order to solve this task, or what I want to do is simply impossible with the current technology?

Thanks in advance!