[Wine] :( Orange Box? Please?

linuxpenguin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 1 15:32:41 CST 2008

I've heard that it's possible to run Orange Box on WINE.  I've tried several tutorials but can't get it to work - I got it all to install, and Steam pops up no problem, but the games crash at the loading screen and bring me back to my desktop.  I even tried the original Half-Life - does the same thing.

I tried using the command line to see if there would be any error or debug info, but no dice since Steam actually launches the games.

Help anyone?  If it matters, here's my system:
AMD Sempron 3300+
nVidia GeForce FX 5500 256MB
768MB RAM

Distro is Debian lenny, uname -a spits out:
uname -a
Linux darkwing 2.6.22-3-k7 #1 SMP Sun Feb 10 21:04:14 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

Thanks,
Scott