[Wine] Web Forums

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Sat Mar 1 21:45:27 CST 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 7:03 PM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com> wrote:

>  Suck?  I would not go so far.  These people are called BOSSES and they
>  can may or break you.  If you don't follow their rules, you might just
>  as well start a new job search.  And good luck if the new place calls
>  your old boss.

Nice thing about Oregon is that former employers are legally
prohibited from saying anything bad about current or former employees.
 Employers that do end up losing huge sums of money to former
employees taking them to court over it.  They can choose to say
something nice, or nothing at all.  In practice, most companies here
will not discuss former employees, period, for fear of getting sued
big-time for lost wages.

>  I've had that happen to me.  I ended up working just
>  above minimum wage in a stuffy call center.  Luckily, my skills were
>  enough to overcome this problem and I went to work for a company with a
>  much better outlook on life.  As to top versus bottom posting, take a
>  look at the RFC.  It really does not address the problem, but it gives
>  something more valuable, guidance.

This goes beyond the RFC, it's about what a reasonable expectation for
an English-literate person is.

>  However, things are better now than they were a month ago and they will
>  continue to get better.

So the forum's going away?  That's about the only way things could get
unequivocally better.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca