[Wine] Fwd: Mailing list <-> forum gateway

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 11:31:59 CST 2008

to list as well, whoops!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2008 17:31
To: "A. Tres Finocchiaro" <tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com>

On 02/03/2008, A. Tres Finocchiaro <tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com> wrote:

 > If I read this right, it appears Alan would like a way to filter the
 >  extremely "noob" questions from the "legit" ones.
 >  In my opinion, its not a bad idea as long as people know how to
 >  escalate concerns to his inbox.  Quite often, its a "new user" that
 >  finds a bug thats worth rising a stir about.

Although we've had a lot more list traffic with the forum gateway in
 place, to me it looks like much the same level of stuff - some highly
 technically adept users, some users who seem to be recent converts
 from Windows and have heard of Wine and are trying it for that last
 annoying app - just *much more of it*.

 It's good to see Dan Kegel keeping an eye on wine-users, I hope other
 devs will glance in occasionally for a useful indicator of just who
 makes up the Wine user population and what they need - much better
 than trying to guess what a user *might* need or find useful, or
 extrapolating only from one's own level of technical skill.

 - d.