[Wine] MacOSX and OpengGL

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 13:00:00 CST 2008

On 02/03/2008, Michał Majchrowicz <mmajchrowicz at gmail.com> wrote:
>  On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 4:58 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  >  Micha³ Majchrowicz wrote:

>  >  > Since there is a lot of misleading info on the net I wanted to ask if
>  >  > there is any way to make OpenGL work with wine on MacOSX? I know it is

>  >  Wine does not work with the OpenGL provided from Apple. You need to install  Xorg 7.x (not the one that comes with MacOSX.

> Okay so is there in some place the instruction on how to install Xorg
>  7 and make it work with wine ?

These might be helpful (or might not):

http://www.x.org/wiki/XDarwin
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz (current version includes
X11R7.2, with X.Org Server 1.3)

If you're running Leopard, you might see more current X.Org versions
coming through System Update - Apple do participate in X.Org
development. I don't know if those still have the OpenGL bug you speak
of.

- d.