[Wine] FAQ Topics

Marc budalokkos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 09:13:59 CST 2008

Hi,

En/na Markus Hitter ha escrit:

> Am 03.03.2008 um 14:13 schrieb Marc:
>
>> Not a lot of people reads the "READ FIRST" posts.
>
> Because "Read First" is a meaningless heading and in many forums,
> those sticky posts are out of date.
I do not think it is only due to the name but to the idea behind it.
Even if it is like i have seen somewhere "The Newbies Unread Guide" it
will continue on the "unread" status.

>> From the phpBB point of view, I think it is much easier to show the
>> guidelines in the "Start a new topic" page
>
> Excellent idea. I'd try to keep the guidelines short (the FAQ is
> already there) and "... if you think this isn't answered in the FAQ
> and it's worth to take developers away from improving Wine for a
> moment, feel invited to ask your specific question. Don't forget to
> include some info about your system (operating system, Wine version)."
This seems to me the perfect final sentence.
By the moment I have marked the involved messages from my inbox in order
to not lose any of them. If more people agrees I will prepare the patch
to forum source files involved. Being unable to help to the wine project
in other ways, I would be very happy to be allowed to prepare this.