[Wine] Mailing list <-> forum gateway

DARKGuy . dark.guy.2008 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 21:24:20 CST 2008

On 3/3/08, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
> On Monday 03 March 2008, my mailbox was graced by a missive
> from "DARKGuy ." <dark.guy.2008 at gmail.com> who wrote:
>
> > can use the mailing list instead.
>
> Mailing list now getting clogged up with beginners questions.
>
> For me that's it, I'm leaving, and you'll have to find new maintainers for
> the
> apps I maintained.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.
> --
> Individualists, unite!
>
> -- http://www.olgiati-in-paraguay.org --

That's sad to hear, yet, it's your choice.

You're upset by the newbies. What's all this about the, oh, opensource
knowledge sharing thing? if this is how the wiser guys are going to
behave towards the ones seeking help -- in order to be as wise as the
ones who taught them -- then the whole fuss about the opensource world
and people collaborating together is a JOKE.

I'm a channel mod at a game server with about 500-700 people online
24/7 (retired now though, too much work and stuff) and I was a Beekin
Helper in a game called Furcadia (being a helper meant to deal with
noobs everytime, EVERYTIME). Yes, they're sometimes tiring and
annoying, but it's rewarding!! there's nothing better than knowing
that somebody you helped is there for when you need him/her in any
situation (you never know when your life might spin 360 degrees...),
or even thank you in the future for the support and the help you gave
so they could reach the knowledge they have now.

Would you be happy if you weren't taught by your teachers, by your
parents, by your friends (we all learn something new everyday!), if
they only discriminated you because you were a noob at life? I
wouldn't, and I'm glad of the help and teachings I got from them.

Nobody is born already taught.

I second the mailing-list split-up though, if this causes more "wise"
people to leave...