[Wine] Re: Mailing list <-> forum gateway

AlanJ wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 4 12:28:10 CST 2008

I think that on the forum side there does need to be a sticky setting some basic rules (ie check AppDB first, use meaningful subject name, etc).

Having said that the people who are more likely to ask the questions that really infuriate people are also more likely not to read the rules first. What you do to educate those people I don't know but if you find a solution I'm sure every forum/list maintainer in the world would like a copy of it :)

It would be a shame to split the list/forum as the problem is with a minority who won't follow rules and guidelines but just blunder in with their "help plz pac-man don't work" post with roughly the same message text (ie no helpful information regarding versions, etc).