[Wine] CDROM detect failed

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 09:04:09 CST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:17 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >    This bug has been in the system since Nov. 2004 as bug #2555.
>
>  Why didn't you say so?
>
>  That ought to be one of our "here's how to use this forum" points:
>  if you're discussing something that has a bug report,
>  always link to the bug report.  Otherwise you make very
>  busy wine developers waste time.
>  - Dan

Dan,
   I didn't say anything because after 3 1/2 years since I entered the
bug report I had simply forgotten. I certainly could have, and
probably should have, searched the system for anything on this app.
I'll try to do that in the future. I see that the game has worked
since 0.9.30.

   I am only a casual user of Wine. I've tried it over the years and
found myself more frustrated than productive so I put it away and come
back later (sometimes much later!) to try it out again. As I now run a
64-bit system I (mistakenly) thought I couldn't even use Wine for the
last 2 years. For some reason I asked about this on the Gentoo-amd64
list and found out I could so I decided to give it a try.

   This specific game used to fail completely. Now it works since at
least 0.9.30. That's a big improvement. However as a user type I hope
you can see where not hearing anything in 3 1/2 years other than two
people asking 'Is this still a problem with the newest version of
Wine?' would be a little frustrating and eventually I'd simply forget
what I put in the system.

   Sorry.

- Mark