[Wine] Unable to access registry

Untol wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 5 09:25:59 CST 2008

I'm attempting to get our Accounting software : Peachtree Premium Accounting to work under Wine in Ubuntu 7.10. The install went smoothly with 0 issues however when i try to run it , it takes about 10s and then exits w/out any errors. So i fired up its database manager since i know it tries to start it first and i get an error message saying Unable to access registry. I've seen that on windows and its because the user does not have permission to access registry keys. Is there a way to fix this on WINE? There are no permission settings that im aware of. If i can get this to work i'm pretty sure it will work. Any help would be appreciated, this is my first experience w/ WINE.