[Wine] Ubuntu feisty/wine/gecko

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:17:39 CST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Chad <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  >  However, I have seen many apps crash directly after installing gecko.
>  > This has usually been because of the unimplemented BITS stuff
>  > for the apps I was using though.
>
>  What apps need BITS?
>  - Dan

I typically keep it in /usr/share/wine/gecko/, which allows for it to
be installed without downloading each time. When running wine from
/home/austin/wine-git/, however, it runs fine, since self compiled
wine isn't checking /usr/share/wine/gecko for wine gecko. Running
$ /home/austin/wine-git/wine iexplore.exe http://www.winehq.org
Also leads to a crash.

This doesn't happen on my gutsy machine though...