[Wine] Mailing list <-> forum gateway

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 06:22:28 CST 2008

On 06/03/2008, Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> wrote:

> Looking through the current state of wine-users, I'd too agree that the
> quality of the list has dropped through the floor. Even those forum
> users who appear diligent about giving helpful and informative answers
> to other forum users, are clueless half the time and occasionally even
> propagate misinformation.

I fear the price of popularity is a lessening proportion of
technically able users and an increasing proportion of users who can't
or won't formulate clear questions - Ubuntu is increasingly popular
with non-technical users who are sick of Windows, and if they have a
favourite Windows app they want to bring it with them, and Wine is
better and better.

FAQs alleviate this, but don't cure it - you can lead people to clues
but you can't make them think. So those who can think will read the
FAQ, and the visible questions from who can't or won't will get dumber
and dumber ...

- d.

- d.