[Wine] Re: Wine 0.9.56 Photoshop CS activation

stephan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 7 06:12:05 CST 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> stephan <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > [I installed "Photoshop CS" ok with Wine 0.9.56, but activation fails.]
> >

> Where did you get your copy of Wine-0.9.56?
> How did you install Photoshop?

First at all I updated my repository from Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy) to get the latest version from winhq.
After that I startet "setup.exe" from the cd and the installation was fine.

Note:
I have "Photoshop CS Update" and I had to install Photoshop 6 before, beacause remounting and detecting the PS6-CD during the installation of CS to validate my PS6-CD was not possible.

Dan Kegel wrote:

> Does the problem persist after doing
> mv ~/.wine ~/.wine.bak
> wget http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks
> sh winetricks vcrun6 corefonts
> and reinstalling Photoshop?

I did not try this yet, but I will after work. Thanks for that hint.
What is "winetricks"; VB-runtimes?

with best regards,
Stephan