[Wine] Re: What constitutes a good backtrace?

3vi1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 8 13:36:19 CST 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> Why is it that people run 64 bit operating systems on their desktops?  99% of them would be happier with 32 bit OS's.
> Shrug.
> - Dan

64-bit processors?  Refusal to live in the past? 100% of other Linux apps working fine in 64-bit?  Ability to address all of memory in one segment?  Find myself in the 1%?  I can't exactly settle on one answer.  :p

Sure, I *know* you can come up with a lot of reasons running 32-bit is "better" (or at least, easier for developers and average users), and even show that performance improvements for straight-64-bit are minimal in 'normal' use.

But, the people running 64-bit desktops are helping the developers find problems, and make the apps "bit-agnostic". That in itself has to be worth something.