[Wine] Lineage2

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sun Mar 9 04:25:55 CDT 2008

On Sunday March 9 2008 07:37:24 Kvark wrote:
> I copy Lineage2 all directory to my home directory into linux from windows
> partition

	Don't do this; this will not work for most Windows programs. Please clean up
your WINE prefix:

rm -rf ~/.wine
wineprefixcreate

	Then install your game as usually with WINE, for example:

wine setup.exe

	Please note it is important to run setup file(s) from current directory,
don't try to use UNIX paths (with "/") to run Windows applications with
WINE - this is wrong and may not work. Then install all necessary patches for
your game, cd to the game installation directory (somewhere in
~/.wine/drive_c) and run it with wine from current directory, for example:

wine game.exe

	If it still doesn't work you should file a bug report at
http://bugs.winehq.org (if there is no such bug report already).
	*After* you are *sure* that it works and runs you may try to copy some
settings/saved games from your game (installed on Windows) or even overwrite
game' whole installation directory in drive_c.