[Wine] .NETFramework

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 08:00:45 CDT 2008

On 10/03/2008, Alistair Leslie-Hughes <leslie_alistair at hotmail.com> wrote:
> "gjvblack" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote in message
> news:1205110585.m2f.954 at forum.winehq.org...

> > Im trying to get a program to work but it needs .NETFramework. I installed
> > it using wine, but it seems to get a lot of errors when installing but
> > then the installer says it has been installed successfully. After that
> > when i try to the program from my windows section of the hard drive i get
> > this error:

> Have you tried mono under wine instead of the .Net Framework.  You might
> have better luck, if the application is written in .NET.

The trouble there is that Mono doesn't support .NET 2.0 as yet. Some
of the hacks for Microsoft .NET 2.0 work a little better (or less
worse). I too have a favoured app (AutoWikiBrowser) which is itself
GPL but wants .NET 2.0, and the hacked in .NET 2.0 allows some
imperfect program function ...

- d.