[Wine] problems with running dns9

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Mar 11 07:16:38 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:08 AM, Alvin Murphy <aemjr at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hi:  new to wine, using it in PCLinuxOS (most of the users seems to be
>  using ubuntu);  installation seemed to go ok, but trying to run gave
>  error message about was not fully installed, could not find DOCOBJ.DLL.
>  I found the dll, downloaded it (in windows) copied to system32, but this
>  did not change the error message. What next?

First off, what version of wine are you using?
Recent wines come with a stub of that DLL, and shouldn't have this problem.

Second, I gave you a recipe for how to install that DLL:

wget http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/business/word_processing/wordview.exe
cp wordview.exe ~/.wine/drive_c/wvinstall.exe
mv ~/.wine/dosdevices/z: ~/.wine/dosdevices/oldz
cd ~/.wine/drive_c
wine wvinstall.exe
cd ../..
mv ~/.wine/dosdevices/oldz ~/.wine/dosdevices/z:

Did you try it?
- Dan