[Wine] Problems with Litlink V.3

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Mar 11 16:55:07 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:44 PM, spider-lx <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Ok, I did that. The messages in the terminal look better now but there's still this black flickering and the freeze after a while.

How long does it take before it freezes?
What's the black flickering like?

>This part of the messages still keeps coming up when I start :
>
>  fixme:actctx:parse_assembly_elem wrong version for assembly manifest
>
> fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer failed to parse manifest L"C:\\Programme\\Litlink v3\\Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC\\Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.manifest"
>  fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC"
>
>  What does that mean : "parse_manifest_buffer failed to parse manifest" and "parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC"" ? Maybe that's the problem ?

Quite possibly nothing.  Wine has very noisy log messages.
Don't assume that the log messages are real problems.
Especially ones that start 'fixme'.
Ones that start 'err' are more likely to be real problems.
Even then they could be benign.
- Dan