[Wine] Re: Can I define how much free memory is reported to an app?

pcull wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 11 17:24:10 CDT 2008

Yes, I suspect that, although we seen to have true compatibility with Win 9x, the fact is that some programs (such as the MSJet 3 engine used for Visual BASIC 4) are not compatible with the large amounts of RAM available to us these days. Of course, the same thing can happen with modern disk capacities, which return negative numbers of free space.

If it were possible to implement tunable limits for reported RAM (and/or disk space) when running under Win 9x compatibility, I believe this would allow more of these old programs under Wine.

Paul