[Wine] Wine with writeitnow

osmosys wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 11 20:42:37 CDT 2008

Hello,

Currently I'm moving over to linux. I got fedora core 7, and I've been running it on a virtual machine.

There is one piece of software I can't live without. It's called writeitnow:
http://www.ravensheadservices.com/

Wine is installed on my box.

When I run the application I get the following error message:

"The Java(TM) VM could not be started. Please restart the installation. You may use the parameter /manual to download or manually select a different VM.

log: c:\windows\temp\j4j223e.tmp"

I went and got j2re-1_4_2_17-windows-i586-p.exe

I installed this, but I get the same error message.

A guy got the program to run on Ubuntu:

His error message is different than mine, so I'm not exactly sure what to do.