[Wine] Relocating WINE prefix

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Tue Mar 11 22:58:47 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:
> James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> winecreateprefix --prefix /opt/wine
>>

> You will still need to set WINEPREFIX environment variable to point there. IMHO before you got anywhere with your install - remove it, repartition and reinstall Linux. Small home dir will hunt you for a long long time.

Vitamin:

I agree.

Falcata:

You need a much larger /home directory.  Installing the user wine
directory in /opt/wine is bad form.  If you are only testing, then you
can put it there.

How big is the hard drive you are trying to install Linux on?  I had the
following structure:

/ 2GB
/usr 5GB or more
/opt 5 GB
/oracle 5 GB (yes, I was running Oracle on Linux for testing purposes)
/home 10GB or more
/data the rest of the drive

The /usr and /home directories depend on the size of your hard drive.
In my case it was a 60GB notebook drive.

James