[Wine] Configuring wine

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 09:11:46 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 1:04 AM, les wilde <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Mark
>
>  Thanks for the reply
>  AS mentioned in my original post I am a Linux novice. Hence removing NAS would be something i would need help and instruction to do.
>  PLease feel free to reply with instructions or give me a link to where I may find them.
>
>  Other than that I will be changing the hard drive set up over the next few days to see if that makes a difference

The original message gave you two options. Removing NAS is a distro
specific solution. I'm not going to help with that. Building Wine
without NAS support is a Wine solution. you are on the right list to
get help with that.

Basically what you need to do is go to the WineHQ.org web site and
download the newest tarball. You will build a local/personal copy of
wine without NAS support and see if it helps. If it does then great.
you have a short term solution anyway.

Building Wine is relatively easy. Probably takes less than an hour on
most machines. Ask for help here when you've read the instructions but
off the top of my head there are probably only about 4 commands you
need to execute to do it.

Time to start learning! Instructions at
http://www.winehq.org//site/docs/wineusr-guide/installing-wine-source

You do NOT need to uninstall wine from your system to build a local
copy for testing.

Cheers,
Mark