[Wine] How should I educate myself in order to code for WineHQ?

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 14:07:10 CDT 2008

Thanks Dan for expanding K and Rs full names! I now know which book to
look for.

Jeffz linked me to a very handy beginners windows programming site the
other day http://winprog.org/tutorial/start.html which I would suggest
would be your first step once you know how to write basic c
applications.  I've found it extremely helpful.  After that it is
simply a case of going to the bug list and finding nice little simple
issues and spending time working out what is going wrong, how changing
things effects the result, seeing if you can come up with work a
rounds for the issue...And then using your built up knowledge
attempting to fix the bug.  I'm some where towards the end of that
chain of steps so hopefully I'll be able to make meaningful
contributions soon.

Just remember that while on the out side the wine develops seem harsh
and uninterested in helping (I remember that being my thoughts when I
first started looking at helping wine) if you are making a genuine
effort I've found answers to questions to be easily at hand and every
one to be very helpful.

Just have a go.