[Wine] Tr: RE : getting a Creative Soundblaster card to work

Gardou Jérôme jgardou at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 14 09:47:43 CDT 2008

Forwarding this to wine-users, I made a mistake while sending.

Gardou Jérôme <jgardou at yahoo.fr> a écrit : Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:09:42 +0100 (CET)
De: Gardou Jérôme <jgardou at yahoo.fr>
Objet: RE : [Wine] getting a Creative Soundblaster card to work
À: Susan Cragin <susancragin at earthlink.net>
Cc: wine-user at winehq.org

Susan Cragin <susancragin at earthlink.net> a écrit : I just got a Creative Soundblaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card for my notebook.
The card is recognized automatically in Ubuntu, and in Preferences/Sound I set the default to ALC861VD Analog, which is the mixer.
But the option doesn't come up under winecfg.
And my application (Dragon NaturallySpeaking) doesn't see it.
Any suggestions?

Wine does not "see" your card directly, it uses alsa or OSS to handle sound. In the audio tab of winecfg, chose one of them. alsa is recommanded, but youcan falback to OSS in case you have problems.

  Envoyé avec Yahoo! Mail.
La boite email la plus appreciée au monde.