[Wine] So... what .net 1.1 apps do people have?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Sat Mar 15 12:27:12 CDT 2008

David Gerard wrote:
> On 15/03/2008, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>

>> Now that 'winetricks dotnet11' can run one simple
>>  .net 1.1 app properly... what other apps are out there
>>  that need .net 1.1?  How well do they run with Wine
>>  after you install .net 1.1 using a fresh copy of winetricks?
>>

> And another question: what runs on Wine with a genuine MS .NET 1.1
> that doesn't work on Wine with Mono?
>
> (And I realise any such discrepancy would likely be a Mono bug rather
> than a Wine bug.)

Trying to get Mono to work with Wine is a massive headache for some of
us.  The program I mentioned uses the Jet engine to talk to an Access
like database structure.  It requires the use of libgda, which does not
exist for the Mac and is a real pain to create for Windows.  With the
inclusion of .NET 1.1 with Wine, I don't have to use libgda at all, as
Jet 4.0 installs without a problem.

James