[Wine] Network Programs

turbozmike wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 15 17:19:34 CDT 2008

Ive tried on and off over the years to switch over to linux, problem is I havent been able to get some things I require to work.

I have a 2003 exchange server that contains my website, email services(obviously) and my daily work software, called Wintotal.
its installed on the client workstation by mapping the program folder and running the .exe and it basically just creates links to the program located on the server but does require some local resources as well.

I would REALLY love to get this program (wintotal) to work through Wine but Im not sure how to go about it or if its even possible due to it being a network program.

I can access it through the samba shares but clicking and telling it to open it Wine doesnt do anything.

Any help or ideas on how to accomplish this would be awsome.