[Wine] Developpers vs users

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 05:37:41 CDT 2008

On 16/03/2008, Timeout <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I don't want to point the finger at the person who wrote it.
>  It was on an answer of a bug (not mine) that I received per E-Mail yesterday because of a comment on it.
>  I think either the writer of the comment in German will find himself or anyway Dan Kegel because he answered in German that the concerned person made a great job in the patch that was offered.
>
>  It's better not to put too much oil on the fire.
>  As far as I concerned I removed as many as my comment from Wine as I could because I don't want to see such reaction again on an automatic reply.

The high horse of which you speak is very common in *nix-related
fields, wine included. In fact, I often find that the wine list is
rather forgiving in the sense. I recently posted a dupe bug, and
didn't get my head bitten off like I expected when I discovered that
it was a dupe. Also, I recently asked a RTFM question, and got a good
answer. Of course, I mentioned how I has STFW and could not find the
answer beforehand. A bare _minimum_ of user self-sufficiency should be
encouraged. You should see the garbage that gets asked on the OOo
list. It only happens because the mods tolarate it.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.