[Wine] Re: AutoWikiBrowser (.NET 2.0 app) with mono 1.9

Jim wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 17 16:28:03 CDT 2008

David Gerard wrote:
> (c) I have other Windows apps installed in Wine and don't want to wipe .wine to achieve (b). Is there an easy way to go back to using Wine gdiplus rather than MS gdiplus?

You may be interested in the WINEPREFIX environment variable.  Quick example for the console:

WINEPREFIX=~/.winetest wineprefixcreate
WINEPREFIX=~/.winetest wine yourapplication.exe

This works well for testing applications in relative isolation of other applications installed in the default ~/.wine folder.

See http://wiki.winehq.org/wineprefixcreate for more.