[Wine] Starting WINE

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Mar 17 18:12:40 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 4:07 PM, sgtbob <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Dan - how do you run the application if I do not see an .exe file?
> This may sound dumber than a box of hammers, but I am unable to figure the operation out....

I remember well the first time I sat down in front of
a Macintosh (in 1982?).  Couldn't run a damn thing.
Turned out the trick was to double-click.  Boy was
I embarrassed, and mad...

Anyway, go find the .exe with your usual linux desktop file manager.
Installing Wine should magically endow it with the ability to
run .exe's by double-clicking on them (or right-clicking on them and
picking "Run With..." /usr/bin/wine.)

Alternately, find 'em on the commandline, and run them by putting
'wine' in front of them.
- Dan