[Wine] Upgrading breaks previous configuration?

8086 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 18 07:23:48 CDT 2008

So far, I have been installing each windows program to a separate wine directory, thus avoiding that one program creates problems for another. For instance Photoshop CS 2 is in .photoshop_wine, Cæsar 3 is .caesar3_wine, etc.

So far I have had a number of programs running great, no problems. But today I got an error that I tried googling to no avail:

Code:
12:46_acer6292:~$ photoshop
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/local/data/myuser', starting in the Windows directory.
wine: cannot find 'c:\Programfiler\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Photoshop.exe'

If someone wonders what this script "photoshop" does, it is just:

Code:
export WINEPREFIX="/local/data/myuser/.photoshop_wine/"

wine "c:\\Programfiler\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Photoshop.exe"  $@

The .photoshop_wine directory exists, and the files seem ok. Permissions also.

This actually happens to all the installed programs, and since they are in totally different wine-dirs, no "inter-program pollution" is possible. I have been running these programs for months, so it was really strange that they stopped working now. I thought it might be because I upgraded wine, but the funny thing is that I am quite sure I have been running the latest wine for more than a week (0.9.57) without problems.

After reinstalling a program to a fresh wine directory, the program works, but since I have rather many installed programs, each "customized", I would really hate doing that with all the programs I need.

So does anyone know why I get this error, and/or how to fix it?[/code]