[Wine] Installing games in /usr/local/games/

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 07:55:43 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:42 PM, banaantje12 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  Wine version: 0.9.57 AMD64
>
>  I got the complete Call of Duty serie. So I want to install them... But on an easy to find place! Like /usr/local/games/.
>  Is it possible to install it there? If not it would be a very nice feature for 1.0!

I'm not sure if that is a good idea but either way all you need is for
wine to be able to 'see' the location the application is installed to
run it.

To do this run winecfg and go to drives, then create a new hdd that
looks at the parent directory to where you want to install all the
games.  So for example make a z: drive that looks at /usr/local/games.
 You can now install your games to your Z: drive and play them from
there.

Edward