[Wine] Re: Needs an administrator user to install

Antonio López wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 18 15:14:35 CDT 2008

> According to http://www.bruker-biospin.com/topspin.html
> there's a Linux version, fwiw...

Certainly, but it is a version specially developed for Red Hat Enterprise and I'm using Ubuntu (and couldn't convert the rpm packages properly in this case).

> No, but perhaps if you run the app with
> WINEDEBUG=+relay,+text wine fooinstaller.exe > log.txt 2>&1
> and then convinced a wine developer to take a look,
> or better yet gave a wine developer the app so they
> could try it themselves, maybe we could figure out what's
> going on.

Sorry, but I was expecting an answer like "user accounts are treated in Wine this or that way", so I choose the "short-and-not-very-useful" description of the problem hoping I was just doing the wrong thing and not being related to a Wine bug. Now I will try debugging it following your advice ;-).

Thanks a lot