[Wine] Re: Clarification on what a certain fixme is

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 19 20:25:39 CDT 2008

rockinup1231 wrote:
> I'm not going to lie - I'm no programming expert, but I did spend time to look through the source code and try to pull together a solution.
>

> Code:
> d3d:set_tex_op_nvrc stage 2, is_alpha 1, op WINED3DTOP_DISABLE, arg1 0x2, arg2 0x1, arg3 0x1, texture_idx -1
>

> That line, from what I know, indicates that wine is trying to debug an issue with the 3d desktop. The fixme itself indicates a texture that GL can't process (being that there is no texture instruction related to that hex number 0x500). The game screen with the options to choose through is 2D.
>
> That's all I could get from it.  :?

I'm afraid you are wrong. That line is printed here: http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/wined3d/utils.c#L1122
For the op == WINED3DTOP_DISABLE there is only one code path: 1144-1155. Why those fail - I do not know. The question is why do you need to know that? Especially that you said you are not a developer yourself. If you think it's a bug - file a bug let developers figure it out.
IMHO if your game works and you have some small issues - IGNORE THEM. Or fix them yourself. Wine won't EVER run games the same way windows does. Some times not even because of Wine itself but poor drivers.