[Wine] Help for Red Hat Enterpirise Linux

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Wed Mar 19 21:40:04 CDT 2008

parvarora wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
>         I m new user to Wine. However I have not yet installed it. I m working on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client Version 5.0 . I wanted to work with Wine and had downloaded wine installation files under folder 'i386' . First of all I tried to install 'wine-0.9.54-1.i386.rpm' it was not installed due to reason that dependencies were not installed. Then I downloaded all the dependencies as reported in the message. But when I tried to install 'wine-core-0.9.54-1.el.i386.rpm' the password for root was invalidated. I was surprised that how my password for root has changed by itself. Earlier my password was 'redhat' , but now I m unable to login with this password to root. I hope u understand that how serious is my problem. I m new user to Linux. Please help. If u need some more information to solve my problem, please ask for same. Also if u think that some other expert would be of help, please advise. Thanks in anticipation.

1.  Wine will NEVER change any password on your system.
2.  It is POOR security to reveal ANY password on ANY system on the
Internet.  You never know who is listening, sniffing or just who is on
this list/forum.

Now, go change your root password, never LOGIN as root, ever, ever,
ever.  Sudo and su - are YOUR FRIENDS.

James McKenzie