[Wine] Wine

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Thu Mar 20 00:57:54 CDT 2008

On Thursday March 20 2008 04:34:09 Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 March 2008 07:21:42 pm jnewman wrote:
> > Zachary Goldberg wrote:
> > > Are these being caused by people changing the subject mid-thread on
> > > the forum?  Can we disable that ability to prevent thread jumps?
> >
> > No, they are being caused by posts from outside the forum (ala the list).
> > Not sure what can be done about that, other than to ask people to try to
> > keep that to a minimum.
>
> While we're at it, for the benefit of list users, could we get the forum to
> put a real address in the From: instead of a nonfunctional boilerplate?

	No, e-mail address shouldn't be revealed to the public (and spam robots). And
if user wants his/her contacts published in the forum he/she can register
there and fill in corresponding fields and then continue to write to mailing
list (instead of forum). If user don't want his/her e-mail to be revealed in
the forum (or somewhere else) then this shouldn't happened.
	Of course it is possible to modify e-mail somehow to prevent spam robots from
collecting the address so easily but protected e-mail and true e-mail are
different things (as I said above, true e-mail address never should be
revealed to the public).