[Wine] Re: How to Install WINE on Slackware 12

ShellyCat wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 20 02:42:09 CDT 2008

Plamen.Vassilev wrote:

> o Optional: download compile and install latest fontforge from sourceforge.net
> o Download wine sources from http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators/wine/wine-0.9.57.tar.bz2 to some directory
> o Extract wine sources with...

I should not have been so impatient, and asked the purpose of fontforge...OK, its because Wine installs Windows fonts, and you need "fontforge" to do so, correct?

After starting "wine winefile" and seeing that the interface defaulted to some horrible fantasy-type text on me (though I could change the font used for file-browsing), I went back and installed fontforge. I verified the install by running "fontforge", which bought up the font-browsing GUI window.

Question: The fantasy font is still used in the "winefile" file browser...do I need to re-configure wine? Uninstall wine and compile and install all over again?[/b]