[Wine] Re: Running an .NET 1.1 Program

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 20 08:00:37 CDT 2008

fixme:virtual:NtAllocateVirtualMemory MEM_WRITE_WATCH type not supported

is probably NOT the reason for the crash.

I have it too on my .NET application and I can safely ignore it because the application is not affected.

If you read some documentation about the net, you will see that the .NET is using JIT and not MEM_WRITE_WATCH but MEM_WRITE_WATCH is used by Visual Basic which leads me to the (uneducated) opinion that this error is just thrown by the C++ on which the .NET is based.
However as per WINDOWS_2000 if MEM_WRITE_WATCH is not supported, it is just ignored by the concerned components.

Please do not fire on me if there is a mistake in what I said  [Laughing]