[Wine] I try to run an ebook viewer, which requires IE

Charybdis wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 20 14:48:14 CDT 2008

Hello!

I would like to launch this EXE file (http://downloads.marketingtips.com/lead-ebooks/FoolproofSuccessStrategies.exe).

This is an ebook viewer application, it does not require install, but it requires Internet Explorer 4 or higher. I don't know, should I install Internet Explorer first, or does Wine contants the requires libraries? Does it make any difference if I would install Internet explorer?

Here are the errors I got (I did not install IE before I tried to run the provided EXE file):

Code:
err:bitmap:StretchDIBits Invalid bitmap
fixme:wininet:InternetGetConnectedState always returning LAN connection.
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT not supported on protocol 1
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option 7 STUB
fixme:shdocvw:PersistStreamInit_InitNew (0x185c40)
errle:ITypeInfo_fnInvoke did not find member id -514, flags 0x2!
errle:ITypeInfo_fnInvoke did not find member id -504, flags 0x2!
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT not supported on protocol 1
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option 7 STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT not supported on protocol 1
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option 7 STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT not supported on protocol 1
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option 7 STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT not supported on protocol 1
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option 7 STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT not supported on protocol 1
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option 7 STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT not supported on protocol 1
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option 7 STUB
fixme:shdocvw:navigate_url Unsupported arguments
[...]

Is it any way to launch this program? It requires internet connection BTW.

Thanks in advance very much!