[Wine] Wine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Mar 20 16:04:57 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>  >  That's not to say we shouldn't create a wine-newbies forum...
>
>  Maybe a subforum that still forwards to the mailing list (with a
>  different header/reply-to/etc.) that people could filter if desired,
>  but that way those that don't mind helping still can.

I'm thinking it might make sense to have three lists,
  wine-newbies
  wine-users
  wine-devel
All of them would be linked to forums, but the wine-devel one
would be read-only to discourage accidental newbie posts.
The three forums would show up very naturally as three areas in
our existing forum.  Users could self-classify themselves as
users or newbie users.  Linux users do this all the time;
see linuxnewbies.org.

All it takes for this to be an improvement over the current
situation is for enough people who don't mind supporting
newbies to subscribe to one more list.

So, how about a show of hands of experienced users
who would be willing to subscribe to a 'wine-newbies'
mailing list expressly to help support newbies?
- Dan