[Wine] Baldur's gate II installing problem...

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Mar 21 09:28:39 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 6:45 AM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  > I'm using wine 9.57 in ubuntu gutsy, I'm trying to install BGII but
>  > the installshield, when reaches about 78%, asks me for the cd2: I give
>  > the directory path and immediately it asks for cd 3,4,5. Naturally i
>  > can't provide cd 5 because BGII is a 4cds game. I've tried to upgrade
>  > installshield with no result. I've also tried to eject (wine eject)
>  > the directory with cd1 but wine said "directory busy".
>
>  You have to:
>  1. Map your cdrom as a drive in winecfg. And make sure it's type set to cdrom
>  2. To start installer run winefile, navigate to your cdrom drive and double click on the installer.
>  3. To eject cdrom use 'wine eject d:' where "d:" is the drive you mapped your cdrom to in 1)

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=408
mentions the "5 disc" problem, did you notice it?  That may be where
Vitamin got the solution.

By the way, the "directory busy" message probably means
you have a shell open in the disc you're trying to eject...?
Try cd'ing outside the disc's directory before ejecting.

Are you installing from cdrom?
- Dan