[Wine] Re: Alexandre says "let the newbies run as root"

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 23 05:28:11 CDT 2008

Maybe

But I feel like somebody cutting my hand because thieves are using hands.
Like you said, users are using root for some reason and one has to understand *why* they are doing it.

For my purpose I removed the check and I am using the software as usual as user, but telling people having a problem with Java just to go back to 0.9.49 is not a solution either.

I remain to the fact that if no .wine directory were created as root then .wine would not have root's right from the first place because it would be installed as user. Other checks should be made non compulsory.