[Wine] Re: Populous: The Beginning under wine-0.9.49

Firesong wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 24 00:58:44 CDT 2008

I'm also having a problem running Populous... I haven't been using Ubuntu that long, so bear with me if I'm doing anything obviously wrong (or missing information it would be helpful to provide).

I'm running wine version 0.9.58, and when I try to wine the file setup.exe, it opens the first window normally; however, when the install option is selected, it opens the wine debugging window; however the window remains blank.  When run in a terminal, the debug window still appears and remains blank, but the terminal produces the following output:

"wine Setup.exe
fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
err:service:service_get_status service protocol error - failed to read pipe r = 0  count = 0!
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xffffffff at address 0x11ef:0x00003540 (thread 0017), starting debugger...
fixme:dbghelp:addr_to_linear Failed to linearize address b70d:00000800 (mode 0)
fixme:dbghelp:addr_to_linear Failed to linearize address b70d:000076d4 (mode 0)
fixme:dbghelp:addr_to_linear Failed to linearize address b70d:000076ac (mode 0)"

In attempting to use automenu.exe in the same fashion, I get the same message; however, I get the autorun menu, which functions normally, allowing me to proceed to the menu displayed when Setup is run.  This functions the same way as described earlier, but the error message in the terminal is preceded by the message,

"fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA No . in szFileName: "D:\\ad\\"
err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA No . in szFileName: "D:\\ad\\"
fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub"

Any ideas?